Monday, November 07, 2005

walking down the trans-Canada highway, I was talking to a firefly.......

well, one year ago tomorrow little T entered this world, it was quite possibly the worst day of my life as she clung on for dear life on a life support machine after a traumatic birth, it wasn't until about 6 weeks later after a spell in intensive care & the all clear from her brain scan that we were able to relax & enjoy the sheer pleasure that a little baby brings - she is absolutely fine now, i think the mountain air is doing her a world of good - she is perplexed by the snow though - we took her up to Lake Louise on Sunday & she was as quiet as a mouse as we wheeled her round the lake in tempertaures of 6 below freezing - poor thing

the ambience of this beautiful scenic spot was somewhat spoilt by 3 busloads of Japanese tourists who came tumbling out of their coaches & spent 20 minutes photographing & videoing everything that moved - most hilarious of all was a Micheal Jackson lookalike in long black coat & fedora hat who struggled through the snow in thigh high black leather boots with six inch spiked heels!!

i picked up my car today, a brand new Audi Quattro - not the most fuel efficient I admit but the deal was very good & it's a safe car for transporting little T around these wintery mountains

so I love Neil Young's new album, check it out if you haven't already, even more suprisingly I like the new Rolling Stones LP & I have never said that before - partly because the last time they released a decent one, I was a mere slip of a lad - I also dig new LP's by Richard Hawley & The Reigning Sound

well thats about it, I had a great night last Thursday with the wonderful Sabs - we sat OUTSIDE & ate a spot of dinner, OUTSIDE in November in Toronto - the world has gone mad I tell ya...

my tune of the day for little T
my girl - otis redding

No comments: