Friday, October 07, 2005

october in greenwich

seems to be warmer than usual at the moment, i had lunch in the beer garden of The Greenwich Union with a good friend of mine who can't make tomorrow night

james is the lead singer of a really good local band, The Low Sparks - they should be much bigger & it makes you wonder why they aren't when you see some of the crap passing as NME favourites at the moment.

after i left James I had one last saunter round Greenwich town centre, the Friday market was in full swing & the students were out in force - I do love this place, I wonder how much I'll miss it?

afterwards it was down to Lewisham to get some new contact lenses, Lewisham is a strange place - some lovely Victorianhouses, a dull shopping centre & a constant underscore of violence & menace

i've noticed more of those yellow police signs recently in our neighbourhood people being mugged & attacked

last day at work today & lots of telephoned goodbyes, two weeks off now & with the stuff to do & the big move i think I'll be going back to work for a holiday

i'm listening to as i type.......
nick drake
hazey jane I
time has told me
unreleased demos and studio outtakes collection

No comments: